Tuesday, October 23, 2012

October 2nd, 2012 - Surgery

The big day. I was lucky enough to find a surgeon who I absolutely loved. He has performed the surgery on several professional baseball players, and does about six of them every year. So the deal is they cut open the palm, move the ulnar nerve, cut away everything attached to the hook, take it out, grind down any sharp edges on the hamate bone itself, sew together a few ligaments, and then the palm.

This is an actual pic of me, 9 days after surgery. They told me to keep the brace on for 10-14 days, but hey I'm a rebel. Its a nice scar actually, it will blend right in with the creases of my palm once its healed.. not that I really care what it looks like. I was able to get I would say about 90 % range of motion right away, but it was definitely soar. From some light testing of the ring and pinky finger, things were looking pretty grim. Alot of pain, way more then before the surgery, but this is to be expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment