Monday, November 5, 2012

Starting to feel better

It is 5 weeks from the surgery. For the last week or so I was still in quite alot of pain when I would try any pulling with the ring or pinky finger. It feels like all the ligaments that are still attached to the hamate bone are being put under extra strain from having less support. Numbness is still there, but has been gradually getting better. Also I think the hamate bone is still bruised... BUT! Just over the last two days pain has gone down alot, I was able to climb a few things up to v6 yesterday with the least amount of paint i've had yet. I even used the hand as a mantle for an easy topout, but I can tell it will be at least another month before I can start doing push-ups again. On the hangboard, I'm able to hang 2 hands on the small crimps (its a metolious simulator) and I can almost hang 1 arm on the bad hand. I guess things are looking pretty good! Still, I would recommend the reattachment of the hook instead of excision 100%. I can feel now what is still attached in there, and it will eventually get better.. But eventually is an annoying word.

I'm gearing up for a trip to Chattanooga Tennessee in a few days, and trying to think of hard climbs that I can eek out with my unbalanced power situation... maybe King James?  not sure if I can do the pinch on Golden Harvest.. I know I can do Kneed It. Anything that isn't too overhanging should be alright. Mostly i'm going to get drunk and make my friends get on hard climbs. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment